Job Title: Janitor
Hourly Wage: $12.41+Health and Welfare
Employment Type: Full-Time and Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Report to: Assistant Manager and Project Manager
Location: FLETC-Glynco, Georgia
Benson Food Service is seeking a dedicated Janitor for The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center at its Coastal Georgia Location. This position will be working at a very large dining facility, with cafeteria style service that will feed upwards of 5,000 meals each day. The dining hall is open 365 days a year for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are looking for an individual who is committed to providing the best possible dining experience at FLETC-Glynco for every guest
Benson Food Service’s Culture
We have a philosophy for each and every one on our service team to give something extra. A Benson Food Service employee:
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and respectful attitude towards guests and other team members.
- Arrives to work on time and in correct uniform, clean shoes, clean and pressed black pants and shirt, apron, name tag, and a SMILE.
- Understands job duties and responsibilities, as well as having an eagerness to learn more and develop new skills.
- Promotes a fun and efficient work environment, focusing on guest satisfaction.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Previous janitorial experience preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery.
- Willingness to work in hot, humid environment.
- Positive, helpful attitude toward customers and peers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to work well under intense time pressure.
- Excellent emotional control in fast-paced environments.
- Dedication to on-time arrival for shifts.
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere.
- High level of reliability.
- Flexible schedule required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deep cleaning of kitchen equipment, such as fryers, ovens, and grills.
- Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and polishing floors and metal fixtures or trimmings.
- Operates floor cleaning equipment.
- Monitoring floors during service and cleaning up any spills, safely and efficiently.
- Providing supplies and minor maintenance services.
- Deep cleaning of restrooms and public areas.
- Keep working areas clean and in an orderly condition.
- Comply with the company’s safety standards and dress code always.
- Must maintain a clean uniform, including the top, pants, hat or hairnet, apron and name tag.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Set a good example for all personnel through appearance in uniform and work ethic.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Benson Food Service is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bensonfoodservice.com.