FLSA Status: Non-Exempt | Reports to: Assistant Manager and Project Manager | Hourly Wage: $11.72
Benson Food Service is seeking a passionate Cook for The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center at its Coastal Georgia Location. This position will be working at a very large dining facility, with cafeteria style service that will feed upwards of 5,000 meals each day. The dining hall is open 365 days a year for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We are looking for an individual who is committed to providing the best possible dining experience at FLETC-Glynco for every guest. We’re looking for a professional who will deliver excellent customer service and quality in every product we offer, address guest needs and anticipate requests.
The work schedule will be as follows:
- Monday through Friday 4:30 AM-1:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Monday through Friday 12:00 PM-8:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 12:00 PM-8:30 PM
Benson Food Service’s Culture
We have a philosophy for each and every one on our service team to give something extra. A Benson Food Service employee:
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and respectful attitude towards guests and other team members.
- Arrives to work on time and in correct uniform, clean shoes, clean and pressed black pants and
shirt, apron, name tag, and a SMILE.
- Understands job duties and responsibilities, as well as having an eagerness to learn more and
develop new skills.
- Promotes a fun and efficient work environment, focusing on guest satisfaction.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 1 year of Cook experience in a high volume foodservice operation.
- High school diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of food and cooking techniques.
- Basic understanding of kitchen equipment including but not limited to fryers, ovens, grills, and dish machines.
- Basic knife and small equipment skills.
- Able to read and follow standardized recipes.
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere.
- Serve-Safe Certification (preferred).
- Experience preparing and cooking large quantities of food
- Knowledge with sanitation and safety standards.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must maintain a clean uniform, including the top, pants, hat or hairnet, apron and nametag.
- Turn on all equipment and prepare sanitizer bucket.
- Independently perform moderately difficult tasks in preparing small quantities of quickly prepared foods.
- Food preparation for the following, but not limited to:
- Sausage patties
- Turkey sausage
- Turkey bacon
- Smoked sausage
- Chicken breasts
- Texas Toast
- French toast
- Wash, scrape, peel, cut and prepare fruits and vegetables.
- Prepare and pan up breakfast items for the next day and store in walk-in.
- Clean kitchen equipment, pots, pans, counters, and tables.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean and straighten work area.
- May be assigned other tasks to support meal production, service, breakdown, or over all cleanliness of the cafeteria.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Benson Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bensonfoodservice.com.