FLSA Status: Exempt | Reports to: Alternate Contract Manager | Annual Salary: $42,000
Benson Food Service is seeking an Assistant Food Service Manager for the Glynco location. The FLETC facility at Glynco is the largest of the 7 nationwide security and training centers. The Assistant Food Service Manager reports directly to the Alternate Contract Manger and assists in the planning, organizing, and directing of quality service in all areas of the operation and the direct supervision of the union hourly employees and production of food. They are responsible for the daily operations throughout the food service facility and work together with a team of other managers. Under the direction of the Contract Manager and the Alternate Contract Manager, this position is responsible for managing food service operations for the FLETC main dining hall within the guidelines of both company and government clients. This is to be done under the policies and procedures set forth by Southern Foodservice Management in partnership with Benson Food Service. These guidelines are designed and laid out to meet the contractual obligations.
The Contracting Officer Representative (COR) conducts regular inspections to ensure that the Food Service Operation is always working within the contractual requirements. In the effort to meet
these obligations the Quality Control Manager will do daily, weekly, and monthly internal inspections. The results of these inspections will be provided to all managers with the expectation that necessary corrections and discrepancies will be addressed and corrected within 24 hours.
The Assistance Food Service Manager must be available to work any shift during the hours of 4:30 AM to 2:00 PM or 10:30 AM to 9:00 PM.
Benson Food Service’s Culture
We have a philosophy for each and every one on our service team to give something extra. A Benson Food Service employee:
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and respectful attitude towards guests and other team members.
- Arrives to work on time and in correct uniform, clean shoes, clean and pressed black pants and
shirt, apron, name tag, and a SMILE.
- Understands job duties and responsibilities, as well as having an eagerness to learn more and
develop new skills.
- Promotes a fun and efficient work environment, focusing on guest satisfaction.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in institutional or business management, restaurant/hotel
management, or equivalent work experience.
- 4-5 years of experience as a manager or assistant operations manager in a high volume
- Knowledge of food services, sanitation and safety standards.
- Must possess leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate employees.
- Capability to work well in team environments.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition.
- Serve-Safe certification preferred.
- Experience preparing and cooking large quantities of food.
- Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing procedures.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Always ensure facilities and work areas are in clean and safe operating condition.
- Conduct all kitchen and dining room set up and closing procedures to ensure it is in operating order.
- Daily temperature documentation of all necessary equipment.
- Responsible for any phone calls or messages to the facility daily.
- Ensure all staff is properly clocked in and out and that all positions are properly staffed.
- Monitor team members to ensure proper uniform and that meal policy is being followed.
- Prepare all necessary kitchen equipment for daily use.
- Set-up the menu of the day and ensure all menus have been changed over to proper meal.
- Directly supervise and support cashiers to include providing drawers and assist with daily audits, as
well as making safe deposits.
- Constantly monitor food quality and food leftover for storage and saving for re-use.
- Take and prepare all sick in quarters (SIQ) meals for service.
- During service, monitor for spills, cup racks on floor, lines staying stocked, customer flow, dish room
flow, to ensure all areas have enough staff support.
- Responsible for pulling reports from POS systems and submitting reports to administrators.
- Assist the kitchen or the front of the house team members throughout the service.
- Ensure all boxed meals and class parties are fixed and ready at the appointed time.
- Responsible for customer and employee relations and employee training and coaching.
- Complete detailed end-of-shift blog of all events that occurred during the service.
- Responsible for communication through e-mail, blog, and phone.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Benson Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.